We all realize the importance of maintaining good body postures onlywhen we personally experience certain discomfort. Maintaining good postures is as important as eating the right kind of food, taking good rest and exercising well. It helps you lead an energetic, healthier and well-balanced life. Here are some highly useful tips you should follow to always have good and healthy body postures:-
- The perfect posture is when your body is aligned against gravity while standing, sitting or sleeping, where there is minimum strain on your supporting muscles.
- Stand straight with your shoulders pulled backward. Keep your head up, shoulders back, chest out, and eyes looking straight. Avoid pushing your head forward.
- Sit with your knees bent at a right angle. Keep your knees equal with or slightly higher than your hips. Avoid crossing your legs and keep your feet flat on the floor or use foot-rest or a low level stool.
- While sitting, sit at the end of your seat, with your back flat or straight in alignment of the backrest of the chair, head positioned in alignment with the back. Make sure you have distributed your body weight evenly on both hips.
- Do not exert more pressure on a particular side like putting more pressure on one leg while standing. Always try to have a break for a minute for every 45 minutes.
- While driving, the headset of the seat should be adjusted in such a way that the middle of your head is positioned against it.
- When you are lifting anything heavy, always bend at the knees, not the waist.
- Do physical exercise on daily basis.