Influencing others is not just a useful, but an extremely important attribute to have. Here are some useful tips to improve your influencing skills:-
- People like dealing with positive people. It is important for you to project both a positive body language as well as positive facial expressions. So it is worth making the effort to work on your interpersonal skills to make others say "yes" to you.
- Sometimes it is better to go out and do something for people. Not only does it make you a better person, but it is likely that people will reciprocate.
- People who come across as a figure of authority tend to influence others in a big way. It could involve anything from power dressing to associating with a figure of authority or becoming an expert at what you are doing.
- As a society, we get influenced by what everyone else is doing. People are comfortable going ahead with something when others have done it in the past.
- Small gestures like recognition, praise and motivation will definitely make a lot of difference. Giving due credit for past successes also helps.