As you go through your daily newspapers, you will come across a lot of appealing advertisements of nutritional supplements that promise you weight loss and regained health. A lot of people want that secret pill or powder to reach their fitness or perforance goals. Whare the hidden dangers of nutrition-supplement pills? Which is better - pills or whole foods? How to use the supplements in a best way? Here are they:-
- No kind of dietary supplement has ever directly aided in fat reduction. It hardly works. Prescription weight-loss pills do not work for everyone, and their benefits may be modest.
- The reason most people perceive fat burners to work is that they typically start a diet and exercise programme at the same time, they start taking the pills. It is nothing but diet and exercise - not the fat burner - that results in fat loss.
- Supplement pills are not intended to be a food substitutes as they cannot replicate all the nutrients and benefits of whole foods, such as fruits and vegetables. Whole foods offer good benefits over dietary supplements like Essential Fibre, Greater Nutrition & Protective Substances.
- Whole foods are complex, containing a variety of micro-nutrients that body needs.
Whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes also provide dietary fibre. Most high-fibre foods are also packed with other essential nutrients, which are not
available in any pill.
Fruits and vegetables contain naturally occurring substances which help protect against cancer, heart disease, diabetes and igh blood pressure and they are good sources of antioxidants.
- You will be surprised to know that dietary supplements have risks. They are mostly self-prescribed with no input from informed medical sources. Some ingredients found in dietary supplements are added to a growing number of foods, including breakfast cereals and beverages.
- Still want to use food-supplements pills? Here are some best ways to use them. (i) Check the ingredients of the pills that you really need. (ii) Avoid multiple herbal content supplements. (iii) Weight-loss supplements or those which claim to improve sexual or athletic performance should be avoided. (iv) It is always better to buy food supplements from the authorized / reliable retail stores than online. (v) After using the supplements, if you feel any side effects, immediately approach your Doctor.