Some simple steps to master the art of creating the perfect base for an enviable skin tone and texture.
- The first and most step to a perfect finish is to choose the shade that matches your skin perfectly. Make sure to test the shade in natural light as overhead lighting in stores can cast unattractive shadows.
- The next step is to clean your face with gentle cleansing foam. You can also use moisturizing face wipes to cleanse your face and neck of any dust or grime.
- Before you put on the foundations, use a primer to create a base. A primer will help the foundation stay on your skin for longer and also prevent patches or an uneven result. Even a light-weight moisturizer acts perfectly well as a substitute. Ensure that you allow five minutes for the moisturizer / primer to completely soak in to your skin before applying the foundation.
- Next step is to dab small amounts of liquid
foundation on to your face. Focus on teh center of your face - starting from the nose, mouth, chin and then center of the
forehead and blend thin layers in to your skin by working outwards from the middle of your face.
Use fingers or a soft sponge to perfectly mix the foundation in. Include your neck also to avoid a differently toned face and neck.
- Now conceal the problem areas on your face. For concealer, choose a shad lighter than your foundation. Apply the concealer with a small brush on to the darkest parts of under-eye circles and lightly blend it with the foundation layer.
- The above simple rules for make-up basics are fool-proof, easy to follow and are suitable for every occasion.