Premature Ejaculation is a problem, faced by many men and they have no idea how to tackle it. Here are the causes, types, symptoms & solutions for it:-
- Premature ejaculation simply means, ejaculation taking place before desired. According to health experts, one in every three men is affected by this problem. Some ejaculate right before penetration and some during foreplay itself.
- It is of 2 types. (i) Primary premature ejaculation or lifelong. A man falls under this category, if from the time he has been sexually active, he has never been able to control his ejaculation or his doctor has not been able to diagnose the underlying cause of it. (ii) Secondary premature ejaculation or Acquired. A man is categorized under this if he could control his ejaculation previously and had a satisfying sexual life. It is commonly associated with Erectile Dysfunction.
- Causes of Premature Ejaculation: General Anxiety, Stress, Anxiety related to partner, Increases penile sensitivity, Lack of sexual experience, Feeling of guilt, Presence of hostility in the relationship, Performance anxiety, Abdominal or pelvic trauma or surgery, Increased excitation during foreplay, Depression, Anti- depressant medication, Diabetes, hormonal Imbalance, Abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system, Inherited traits, Thyroid problem, Infection of the prostrate, Taboos or beliefs about sex & Negative sexual experiences in childhood.
- Symptoms: The main symptom of premature ejaculation is that ejaculation occurs before or shortly after penetration and is uncontrolled.
- Solutions / Treatments: (1) Squeeze Technique:
Be open to your partner before and talk to her about it. During intercourse, if you feel you are at the point of coming, tell your partner to
squeeze the tip of the head of your organ. This will delay the urge to ejaculate. A little practice will get the pressure right.
(2) Kegel Exercises: A man can do these exercises anytime and anywhere and no one will even notice. To identify the muscles of your pelvic floor, hold back your urine the next time you have the urge to urinate. Contract the muscles tightly and hold for ten seconds. Do this thrice a day, repeating it ten times. These muscles control the flow of urine and semen and also aid in the firmness of the penis during an erection. Thus keeping them strong ensures a good sex life.
(3) Sexual Therapy: A male is usually advised to masturbate two hours before actually having sex because a second erection usually lasts longer. The therapist may also suggest just foreplay and avoidance of actual intercourse to avoid performance anxiety. Sometimes the therapist may suggest trying a less stimulating position which may delay ejaculation.
4. Medication: The doctor may prescribe different doses of medication to see which one works best for you. He may pick up certain anti-depressants or topical anaesthetic creams to delay ejaculation.
5. Behaviour Modification Therapy: A therapist provides reassurance, explains the causes for premature ejaculation and teaches the man delaying techniques. Even breating right will also help in controlling premature ejaculation.
- For 300 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.