Most of us do not know, when we have a conversation lasting for 30 minutes or more, we send more than 800 non-verbal signals (communication) by our body language. While we are saying something, we might be expressing another by our body language. To minimize miscommunication, avoid the following mistakes:-
- Try not purse your lips when having an important conversation with a colleague, boss, or friend. It can make them think you are holding back. A lip purse is what people typically do when they are trying to withhold or cover information. We do this subconsciously as if our brain is telling our lips.
- Whenever you peer over your glasses at someone, even if you do not mean it this way, it come across as critical. Avoid this unintentional nod is as simple as looking someone right in the eye. To avoid miscommunication, just take your glasses off or push them up onto your head.
- Playing with your earrings, necklaces, or bracelets sends careless behavior by your body language. The inside of the wrists, neck, and hair are pheromones zones, the parts of the body that trigger attraction.
- Our eye naturally follows objects in motion. Every time you touch your hair, you distract the receiver of your communication. Even teasing, twirling, and flipping might come off as anxious behaviour. Hair touches, even if you are not actually nervous, look like pacification gestures.
- For 380 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.