Many parents and adolescent girls are unsure of the normal ranges for menstrual cycle length, amount and duration of flow through adolescence. Here are some causes & solutions to irregular periods:-
- Some of the causes (for irregular periods) include : Pregnancy, Medication, Stress, Eating Disorders, Excessive Physical Exercise, Weight Loss, Anemia, Chronic Illness, Premature ovarian Failure, Uncontrolled diabetes & Thyroid Disorders.
- Parents & adolescent girls need to understand what a normal menstrual cycle is, its length, duration and pattern. If the cycles that have been regular become irregular or the periods do not come for a period of 90 days, a medical evaluation is mandatory.
- Teen-girls should share their concerns with their mothers or trusted adults or a good doctor.
- Mother should help her daughter to be prepared with a sanitary napkin in her school bag for emergencies.
- Bodily clues like backache, leg and abdominal cramps, bloating etc. may indicate the onset of periods which everybody should know.
- Polycystick Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common causes of irregular periods and may be associated with excessive body hair and obesity. Thyroid disease ca be easily treated.
- Menstrual health is the combined responsibility of the parent as well as the teen.
- For 390 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.