ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects children, teens and adults. It makes it difficult for them to sit still, focus and pay attention. Given-below are its causes, Symptoms & Solutions for ADHD:-
- Some of the common causes of ADHD are: (i) Genetics (ii) Brain Injury (iii) Environmental Exposure (iv) Alcohol & Tobacco use during pregnancy (v) Low Birth Weight & (vi) Premature Delivery.
- It is wrong to assume that ADHD is caused by poor parenting, watching too much TV, eating excessive sugar, poverty, familial discord etc.
- Some of the symptoms of ADHD are: (i) Feeling restless (ii) Answering before question is completed (iii) Losing / forgetting things (iv) Talking a lot and having trouble doing things quietly (v) Getting easily distracted when doing something (vi) Having trouble in organizing tasks and activities (vii) Difficulty in paying attention or staying focused on a task or activity & (viii) Making unexpected movements with hands or feet or having trouble sitting still.
- People with ADHD may have problems with depression, anxiety or learning disabilities. May even get addicted to smoking & drugs.
- Though ADHD cannot be totally cured, it can be managed very effectively. The medicines used for ADHD help by increasing the neuro-transmitters in the brain which in turn helps the teen to improve focus and attention and reduce hyperactivity and impulsivity.
- Counselling by parents & relative will help the affected persons a lot.
- Individual counselling also will help the affected teens to learn coping skills, communicate well and manage school work efficaciously.
- For 360 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.