Licorice is a soothing herb, known to be a powerhouse of antioxidants with antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It imparts a peculiar sweeter-than-sugar flavour and is available in the market in the form of capsules, tablets, liquid extracts, gels, ointments and tea blends. Some benefits of licorice root:-
- It helps in weight loss.
- It helps in dealing with depression and anxiety by promoting adrenal gland function. It also enhances the lifetime of cortisol, one of the anti-inflammatory hormones of the human body.
- It assists in the regulation of hormones in the human body. It soothes hormonal disorders such as fatigue, mood swings, hot flashes, nausea and bloating during menstruation.
- It is also used to flavour candies.
- Licorice boosts immune system. It is useful for treating urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, allergies and autoimmune disorders.
- It is also used as a remedy for upper respiratory problems and it decreases the symptoms associated with cough and cold.
- It is an effective agent in treating digestive disorders like peptic ulcers and gastrointestinal issues.
- It helps to heal inflamed skin and a useful remedy for inflammations like dermatitis, arthritis, eczema and cysts.
- For 360 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.