Protecting yourself from winter ailments is important. Winter ailments may be dry skin, runny nose or stomach illness. Here are some of the winter ailments, their symptoms, preventive measures to be taken & treatments:-
- Gastroenteritis: This is the inflammation of the stomach and intestines, caused by infected water, bad food habits, and frozen foods. Watery stools, vomiting, stomach pain, cramps, fever, nausea and headache are some of the symptoms. Sanitizing the hands often, healthy diet & good sleep will boost the immune system for quicker recovery from infections. Eating fresh & boiled foods will prevent this ailment.
- Asthma: Air pollution is the primary reason for this ailment. Gasping for breath, inability to complete sentences and inability to move around are the common symptoms of this ailment. Using inhaler, avoiding breathing with mouth / polluted and dusty areas, covering face while cooking, using antibiotics & taking complete bed rest will help in overcoming this winter ailment.
- Sore Throat: A condition marked by pain in the throat, caused by inflammation due to cold or other virus. Mild fever, headache, sore throat, cough, sneezing & nasal congestion are some of the symptoms. Avoid cigarette smoke areas / oily food, have lukewarm water, gargle often with salt water and do have contact with someone who has a sore throat.
- Psoriasis: A skin disorder which forms red patches covered with silvery scales. Itching, dry, flaky skin patches are some of the symptoms. Avoid swimming pool, hot water & use moisturizers to protect your skin from dryness. After bath, massage skin with olive oil or petroleum jelly.
- Flu: It is caused influenza viruses, leading to mild to severe illness. Serious flu complications may even lead to hospitalization or death. Headache, sore throat, mild fever, sneezing, runny nose & nasal congestion ar some of the symptoms. Getting vaccinated every year, using disposable tissues and staying at home when sick will prevent further suffering from this ailment. Frequently wash your hands with hand-wash liquid and with hot water and use clean dry towel or paper napkins.
- For 360 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.