Either or both spouses are just not feeling it sometimes. But if you really want to kick start getting your groove on, there are lots of things you can do to boost your'sex drive'. Here are some basics which both spouses should follow:-
- Bodies lack energy because of not eating the right foods or getting enough sleep. Sleeping between seven to nine hours a night without any electronics around (as they emit blue light which suppresses melatonin. Lack of sleep demolishes hormones, especially testosterone levels.
- It is important to have proteins and healthy fats (like eggs, fish, or poultry with coconut / olive and avocado) early in the day to keep your energy up. This will help you to keep energetic throughout the day and ready for sex.
- Stress can destroy a man's libido. When we feel stressed, sex hormones are affected and produce a dip in testosterone. In order to obtain and sustain an erection you need to be calm.
- Physical exercise is a great way to boost sex drive as it increases blood flow which makes sex more pleasurable. It also boosts endorphins, which gives more energy and makes us feel good.
- 'Erotica'(arousing sexual desire or excitement) is a great way to get in the mood. Reading erotica books can definitely bring in to the mood.
- Make sure that your bedroom is not too cluttered or messy. Remove anything that feels out of place if it does not go with the mood you are setting.
- Music is the best thing to get yourself in the mood for sex.
- The liver is a major player in metabolism and, when not working optimally, affects hormones, so your energy will be horrible. Drinking warm lemon water in the morning & having cruciferous vegetables (brussel sprouts, watercress, cauliflower, broccoli) aid the liver in detoxification. They also help in regulating estrogen allowing for more optimal levels of testosterone.
- For 350 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please visit here.